I Just Moved To Connecticut – How Long Do I Have Before I Have To Inform My Auto Insurance Carrier?

 The agents at Goodman Insurance Inc. in Shelton, CT  are just the professionals that can answer that question for you. It is always the best policy to inform your auto insurance carrier before any significant changes if possible.  Taking this course of action ensures that you’re not blindsided when an accident occurs. It is just a matter of best practices. 

 After you have established residency in the state of Connecticut the department of motor vehicles gives you 60 days to change your registration and drivers license to the state. An emissions test is required for some vehicles as well as several other steps to follow in order to properly transfer to Connecticut.  Speaking with an agent at Goodman Insurance Inc., an independent agency serving the state of Connecticut is a sound idea. We will be able to let you know exactly what your unique situation entails. Some residents of Connecticut maintain dual residency with another state for various reasons. We are familiar with the nuances of the residency rules in this state and can instruct you appropriately. 

That’s why it is so important to connect with us so that we can steer you in the right direction in terms of compliance with the department of motor vehicles. 

Goodman insurance Inc. located at 2 Long Hill Ave., Shelton, CT 06484 can be reached at the telephone number of 203-924-2515. Call Or stop by today to get more information about how to protect your automobile, home, business, or life by obtaining the right insurance policy for you and your family. We are well-versed in Connecticut insurance laws and procedures and can give you great information about how to protect yourself and your loved ones.

Renters Insurance May Cover These Losses and Damages

At Town & Country Insurance, where we serve Buford, GA, we know that just like homeowners, renters have valuables to insure. Basic coverage for a renters policy will pay the depreciated costs to replace your furniture, electronics, clothing, and other contents and personal items in covered events up to your policy’s limits. 

Make no mistake about it, you are responsible for most of the situations that happen in the place you rent, not your landlord. Maybe a thief takes your bass and sound equipment or a busted pipe soaks your clothes and wide-screen TV. We’ve got you covered. Having renters insurance will allow you to buy new items.

And If the apartment, house or condo where you live needs repairs that require you to vacate your space, your policy pays your living expenses. If a friend comes over and trips on your area rug and sustains an injury, your policy includes liability. If your friend’s claim is upheld, your insurance will also pay the medical bills. 

Renters insurance can protect you in ways that perhaps you did not expect. If you are on vacation or on a business trip, and someone steals your camera or some other personal item, you will get money to help replace it. If you like to vacation by using home-sharing services, with certain provisions in place, your renter’s policy could cover you if you damage the home, apartment or condo that’s your temporary paradise.  

Insurance for renters is for everyone who has possessions that they value because they need them for work, because they have sentimental value or because they make them happy. You can have a little or a lot. Town & Country Insurance is an agency serving Buford, GA. Contact us so we can customize a renters insurance policy for you.